Nonpartisan Voting Information & Resources
Citizens may register to vote at any Azalea Regional Library System member library. Applicants must meet certain requirements in order to register. See below for more detailed information.
- Georgia Secretary of State voting and election information.
- Absentee voting in Georgia
- Check your voting information and request an absentee ballot or check your ballots status at the Secretary of State’s My Voter Page.
- VOTE411, a nonpartisan resource launched by the League of Women Voters Education Fund.
- Registering to Vote: General information about registering to vote.
- Election & Registration Dates: Downloadable list of election dates in Georgia.
- Qualified Candidates: Searchable list of qualified candidates in Georgia (Note: This list will not include anyone who has qualified to run in a municipal general or special election unless the city contracts with a county to conduct qualifying of candidates on the city’s behalf — website).
- Library Advocacy: From the American Library Association, resources to advocate for libraries.
The 2020 Census is underway! Data collected in the census will inform the distribution of more than $675 billion in federal funds to states and communities each year for things like libraries, infrastructure (roads, bridges), schools, health care, and food assistance. It’s important that we all respond to shape the future of our communities. Learn more here!
Required by the United States Constitution, a census or population count must be taken every 10 years. This count of everyone living in the United States provides critical data that determines the allocation of funding, the number of seats each state will have in the U.S. House of Representatives, and is used to draw congressional and state legislative districts.
The U.S. Census Bureau is bound by law to protect your answers and keep them confidential. Everyone living in the United States and its territories is required to be counted in the 2020 Census.
To complete the census and learn more visit 2020 Census.