Asia is the largest continent in land size, the most populated and is extremely diverse in the areas of culture, history, and language. The Chinese have practiced genealogical traditions going back to the Shang Dynasty in 1766 – 1112 B.C.
- Asian GenWeb
- The Bancroft Library has a website, organized by topic, for Chinese in the California Digital Archives
- NARA information on Chinese Immigration and Chinese in the United States.
- Newspaper database for South Asian Newspapers, 1864-1922.
- The Perry-Castaneda Library has a collection of Asian Maps available online.
- Rootsweb has an alphabetized list of Chinese surnames from the Bai Jia Xing region here.