Jasper County Library
Check back often to search the PINES catalog for newly added items.
New Books at Jasper County Library
Click here to sign-up for the 2021 Summer Reading Program!
Click here for the Jasper County Library SRP Schedule.
Amenities | Services | Resources
Free public computer access / Free WiFi / Large Meeting Room / Person’s Special Collection / Assistive Technology / AWE Early Literacy Station Computers – Ages 2-8 / Wireless Printing / Copying / Scanning / Faxing / Laminating / Notary / Regular & Large Print Materials / Digital Resources / Free Programs & Events
Click here to fill out our meeting room application.
The library also features a unique and extensive special collection of art, architecture, and interior design materials made possible through a bequest by Thomas B Persons, Jr. Mr. Persons, a Monticello native, was an Auburn University and University of Cincinnati graduate in Interior Design who took part in the restoration of the White House during the 1970’s and owned his own interior design business in Atlanta. Upon his death in 2004, Mr. Persons bequeathed money from his estate to purchase art, architecture, and interior design books for the Jasper County Library in memory of his father, Thomas Persons, and his mother, Bessie Spears Persons.
As part of the Azalea Regional Library System, the Jasper County Library is able to offer patrons with a valid PINES library card free access to:
- A robust collection of print & digital resources and services.
- Tutor.com: Individualized academic and career support in both English and Spanish languages.
- Public computers and AWE early literacy station computers for children.
- GALILEO’s online offerings which include: eRead Kids; Novelist; Gale Legal Forms Library; MANGO Languages; Job and Career Accelerator; Ancestry Library Edition; Heritage Quest; Consumer Reports; and many more.
- eBooks, audio books, and digital magazines for all ages via OverDrive, Freading, and Sebco Books.
Free park and museum passes are also available for check out, thanks to a partnership with the Georgia Public Library Service (GPLS). More information about all of the partnership offerings, visit their partnerships page.
The Jasper County Library is conveniently located in the City of Monticello, open to the public six days per week, and has a dedicated and well-trained staff ready to assist the community. Come visit us today!