Hancock County Library
Check back often to search the PINES catalog for newly added items.
New Books At Hancock County Library
Amenities | Services | Resources
Free public computer access / Free WiFi / Quiet Study Rooms / Large Meeting Room / Historical Genealogy Room / Assistive Technology / AWE Early Literacy Station Computers – Ages 2-8 / Wireless Printing / Copying / Scanning / Faxing / Digital Resources / Passport Photos/ Regular & Large Print Materials / Free Programs & Events / Live Observation Bee Hive / Herb & Butterfly Garden / Friends of the Hancock County Library Book Sale Area
Click here for the meeting room application.
Click here to access Hancock County Archives.
As part of the Azalea Regional Library System, the Hancock County Library is able to offer patrons with a valid PINES library card free access to:
- A robust collection of print & digital resources and services.
- Tutor.com: Individualized academic and career support in both English and Spanish languages.
- Public computers and AWE early literacy station computers for children.
- GALILEO’s online offerings which include: eRead Kids; Novelist; Gale Legal Forms Library; MANGO Languages; Job and Career Accelerator; Ancestry Library Edition; Tumble Book Library; Heritage Quest; Consumer Reports; and many more.
- eBooks, audio books, and digital magazines for all ages via OverDrive, Freading, and Sebco Books.
Free park and museum passes are also available for check out, thanks to a partnership with the Georgia Public Library Service (GPLS). More information about all of the partnership offerings, visit their partnerships page.
The Hancock County Library is also home to the first live observation beehive housed within a library in the State of Georgia! This vibrant hive may be viewed during regular business hours and is utilized for educational purposes, to promote the importance of bees in an ecosystem, and to encourage personal beekeeping. The library also provides visitors with access to a butterfly and herb garden. To schedule a tour of the facility, please contact the Library Manager.
The Hancock County Library is conveniently located in the City of Sparta, open to the public seven days per week, and has a dedicated and well-trained staff ready to assist the community. Come visit us today!